Friday, June 27, 2008

Get Smart(er)

...and help end world hunger at the same time. A friend sent me this site a while ago and I have to admit, I try to sneak it in every day. It's a bit addicting - so if you're at work, are running late for a meeting, or have something boiling on the stove - be warned! On the other hand, if you want to test your word smarts and do good at the same time, definitely check out www.freerice.com. It's so simple, and even if you aren't a word smith with a vocab level of 48 (the highest on this site), you can feel good knowing you are helping feed those that otherwise would be hungry.

As I research and learn more about the Millennium Development Goals (MDG's) and ways we, as individuals, can help, I realize how many "easy" ways, like playing a vocab game, there are for average Joe's like you and me. So, while I may not be a big non-profit, or a philanthropist who's able to write big checks, I can do my part by trying to educate others and get the word out.

So, what are you waiting for - go check it out - it's FREE, it's FUN, you'll feel SMART, and you'll do be doing GOOD!

No comments: